Membership Type & Registration
The society has various memberships’ categories which include-
- Full membership: – Any person possessing a recognized degree or its equivalent in forestry, or allied sciences and is over the age of eighteen years is eligible for full membership of the Society upon approval by the FSK Council.
- Associate membership: – is open to all Kenya foresters possessing at least a diploma or certificate in forestry or in allied fields, from a recognized institution. The rights and privileges pertaining to this class of membership is the same as for full membership except that associate members are not eligible to hold office in the Council, but they serve in other Committees of the Society.
- Student membership:- open to forestry students who are for the time being enrolled in a forestry programme at a recognised university or college awarding a degree or a diploma
- Life membership: is open to members who have served as full members for more than 10years and practising experience of more than 15years, and upon approval by the Council.
- Corporate membership:- is open to supporting organizations, which subscribe to the policies and aspirations of the Society and financially assist the Society upon payment of prescribed fees
Applicants are required to pay an application fee when registering for membership, after approval of membership by the FSK council; members are required to pay the membership fee which is paid annually. The registration and subscription fee is set from time to time and approved by the AGM.
|The registration and subscription fee for membership;
||Registration Fee (Ksh)
||Annual Subscription (Ksh)
Why register with FSK?
Participate and contribute to professional forestry and environmental management and decision making in Kenya |
Enhance your capacity to influence debate on policies on how forest resources are utilized and managed