The Annual FSK Conferences and AGMs provide forum for articulation of topical issues for forestry practitioners in Kenya.
1. Safeguard the interest and welfare of its members;
2. Maintain the honour and dignity of the forestry profession in Kenya;
3. Provide a forum for professional foresters and any other persons who may be interested in forestry for the discussion of matters and subjects which are of interest to members of the Society;
4. Advance the science, technology, education and practice of professional forestry in Kenya for the benefit of Kenyans and humanity in the globe;
5. Promote sustainable management of forests and trees;
6. Provide a forum for interaction between its members; consideration and dissemination of information and expression of opinion relating in any manner to forestry;
7. Encourage and support the Government and any other relevant authorities in the formulation and implementation of sound forestry policies and practices in Kenya .
8. Assist in policy formulation and enactment of legislation which, in the opinion of the Society would be conducive to the better and effective protection of specific forests and to assist in the enforcement of such legislation;
9. Promote the recognition of the importance of safeguarding forests for their spiritual, cultural, spiritual, scientific, amenity, environmental and economic values;
10. Organize, acquire, utilize, make, publish or prepare films, photographs, articles, publications, exhibitions, lectures, and seminars or undertake any other activities aimed at instilling interest in the sustainable management of forests and trees;
11. Promote and generate an interest in the productive and gainful studies on forestry, trees, vegetation and to co-operate with other Societies and institutions for the achievement of this object;
12. Undertake economic ventures to ensure financial sustainability of the Society;
13. Maintenance of a register of forestry professionals in Kenya;
14. Affiliate with any national or international bodies and organizations to enhance attainment of the objects of the Society;